We are in the smile business. The center provides structured therapeutic activities, health and case management services, rehabilitation and other ancillary services. Specific services provided at the adult day center include:
- Therapeutic Program Activities
- Includes exercise, arts & crafts, current events, guest speakers and performances, music therapy, pet therapy, group games, socialization, and daily living skills training. Nutritious meals and snacks are provided according to individualized dietary needs.
- Nursing Supervision
- A Registered Nurse is on site at all times, and personal care attendants provide individualized care to the clients. Our personal care attendants undergo extensive health training, similar to that of a certified nursing assistant. Health services include medication administration, personal care, health and wellness screenings. The medical staff provides an array of health-related assessments and services to the client and their families.
- Rehabilitation Services
- Includes Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Speech Therapy. Licensed therapists provide OT, PT and ST to qualified participants via specialty Medicaid programs, Workman’s Compensation and private pay.
- Occupational Therapy
- Addresses Activities of Daily Living, including dressing, self-feeding and toileting. Sensory dysfuntion and integration are also a focus of Occupational Therapy. OT also works on higher level activities such as money management, meal preparation, home management, social skills, work skills and a variety of functional cognitive issues such as safety and problem solving.
- Physical Therapy
- Assists individuals to increase strength, coordination and endurance, as well as improve balance in order to improve overall functional mobility. PT also addresses transfers, which is the ability to move from one surface to another (from the wheelchair to the bed, for example), as well as the participants’ ability to walk.
- Speech Therapy
- Addresses participant’s communication skills as well as swallowing issues. Communication skills include the ability to produce articulate speech, as well as the cognition (mental ability) to carry on meaningful conversation. Speech therapy also assists individuals with improving executive functions, such as problem solving, memory and functional tasks including money management and safety.
- Home Based Therapy Services
- Our therapists travel to participant’s homes to provide therapy. We feel that providing services in the home affords many opportunities and benefits to the client. The individual’s deficits are more accurately realized and carryover of techniques is greater, as activities are practiced in the actual environment in which they are performed. Family and/or caregiver training is also more efficient in the home setting.
- Community Living Supports/Personal Assistance
- A Look Into CLS
- Kaleidoscope, Inc is proud to announce that we are now offering Community Living Supports as part of our array of services to the individuals we serve throughout the Louisville area. These new services allow us to give individuals educational and social experiences like never before. Some of these opportunities include but are not limited to:
- One on One Supports
- Community Access
- Relationship Building
- In Home Daily Living Skills Training & Assistance
These supports are offered during day and evening hours 7 days a week. Our goal is to custom tailor our supports to fit the needs of the individual we are serving. If you would like more information on how we can support someone you know or work with please give us a call.
- Billing Services
- Kaleidoscope, Inc. billing services are customized to fit your needs, whether you would like us to process your claims, follow up with denials (HCR, HHA, DCBS), or track prior approvals. Our billing services can help you avoid frustration from the billing process, limit length of time your claims are in suspension, avoid trying to keep precise records to avoid recoupment and we will keep up with the constant changes in waiver rules and regulations for you.
Work-related injury can be very disabling for the injured and produce an increased burden on the caregiver. Work-related injuries not only cause a loss of income, but a loss of roles and abilities for that individual. Many of these cases benefit from a rehabilitation program and/or day services. Kaleidoscope, Inc. accepts Workman’s Compensation cases. We recognize that improved function leads to increased quality of life and greater independence for those injured on the job.
Other ancillary services include social work. A Social Worker is on staff to work with clients and families to provide the best quality of care. This includes providing tours, completing assessments and family conferences, establishing client care plans, and providing assistance to families and clients as needed.
At Kaleidoscope, Inc., all of the activities are geared towards each individual’s goals and needs.
There is a theme each week, with planned activities centered around that theme. We try to create an environment of happiness and laughter. Kaleidoscope, Inc. strives to meet the needs of individuals with a variety of disabilities and capabilities.
Planned activities vary among the three activity areas at the center. The activities include, but are not limited to:
- exercise groups
- problem solving skills
- expressive artwork
- music therapy
- sensory diets
- on-site community interaction
- job skills
Center programming is offered Monday through Friday from 8:10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Center has morning and afternoon sessions for those who wish to attend half days. Participants may choose to attend 8:10 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or 12:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Participants are required to attend at least two (2) sessions a week. The Center will assist in making arrangements for transportation with vendors available through Medicaid. Lunch is provided for participants who attend both sessions.
Currently, the costs for the Center are around $50.00 per session and can be paid privately, or through a funding program. This fee includes snacks and lunch, activities and activity supplies, RN supervision and individualized programming. Funding is accepted from several Medicaid programs, which pay the total cost for someone to attend Kaleidoscope, including the Home and Community Based Waiver (HCBS), and the Supports for Community (SCL) based waiver. Workman’s Compensation cases and private pay are also accepted. For questions related to waiver programs, please call our Director of Social Services.
Participants are asked to make a commitment to a thirty (30) day trial period. They can choose a personalized schedule, attending only on the days and sessions they choose. This time will allow participants and caregivers to determine if the Center is able to meet their needs. The staff is committed to making this adjustment period a pleasant, meaningful and personal experience.